User Guide: Reasons for Concern
Description: This resource presents information about risk factors, developmental milestones, and links to agencies that provide Early Start information, services, and supports for families of children with or at risk for developmental delays or disabilities.
Format: Legal-sized (8.5 x 14 in.), full-color tri-fold handout with QR codes linking to agency websites and the Family Resource Centers Network of California.
Who should receive this resource: Parents and caregivers who have questions about the development of a child under the age of three.
Where to distribute this resource:
- Directly to families, accompanied by a discussion and opportunity to ask questions, during the Early Start intake process
- In outreach packets to primary referral sources (e.g., pediatricians, family practice, childcare providers). Primary referral sources may be found at:
- Health care facilities
- Child care centers
- Local educational agencies, including school and district offices
- Other public service agency office waiting areas (e.g., Social Security, WIC, Unemployment, DMV)
- As attachments to emails to families who have questions
- As a downloadable resource on an agency or community website with other links to Early Start information
Before distributing this resource:
- Add local regional center and/or Early Start family resource center contact information to the spaces provided in the left-hand column of page 1 of the PDF:
- Click on the form field in the PDF and type in the agency name, website address, phone number, and/or name of a contact person; or
- Affix a label with the agency name, website URL, phone number, and/or contact person’s name in the space provided; or
- Use a pre-made rubber stamp to print the agency name, website address, phone number, and/or contact person’s name in the space provided.
- If printing and folding manually,
- Print on legal-sized white paper
- With page 2 (side without photos) facing up,
- Fold right edge in to meet right edge of bottom-left photo. “Concerned About Your Child’s Development?” and two QR codes will be showing.
- Fold left edge over to cover the two QR codes and reveal front of flyer.
- Printed: English, Spanish. and Chinese (Simplified), in quantities of 50
- Downloadable PDF: English, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese (Simplified), Hmong, Korean, Russian, Tagalog, and Vietnamese, in quantities of 1
Download this user guide: User Guide – Reasons for Concern