User Guide: Early Start Referral Guide (Reasons to Refer)
Description: This resource presents information about the screening and referral process for the Early Start program, information on warning signs professionals who work with very young children should look for, and links to webpages and online directories with contact information for local Early Start lead agencies and family resource centers.
Format: Legal-sized (8.5 x 14 in.), a full-color handout with QR codes linking to agency websites for additional program information.
Who should receive this resource:Professionals, especially pediatricians, family practitioners, child care center directors, child care providers, etc., who work with and observe the development of children under the age of three.
Where to distribute this resource:
- Hospitals, including prenatal and postnatal care facilities
- Physcians’ offices and health care clinics, both private and public facilities
- Child care resource and referral (R&R) agencies
- Child care settings
- Social service agencies frequented by families
Before distributing this resource: Add regional center contact information to the space in the “Refer” column and/or local family resource center contact information to the space in the “Get Involved” column:
- Click on the form field in the PDF and type in the agency name, contact information, and/or the name of a contact person; or
- Affix a label with the agency name, contact information, and/or contact person’s name in the space provided; or
- Use a pre-made rubber stamp to print the agency name, website address, phone number, and/or contact person’s name in the space provided.
- Printed: English and Spanish, in quantities of 50
- Downloadable PDF: English, Spanish, Chinese (Simplified), Armenian, Farsi, Hmong, Korean, Tagalog, and Vietnamese, in quantities of 1
Download this user guide: User Guide – Early Start Referral Guide