User Guide: Early Start Family Resource Center Guide
Description: This resource presents information about the Early Start-funded family resource centers within California. It provides links to web pages and online directories with contact information for local Early Start family resource centers.
Format: Legal-sized (8.5 x 14 in.), full-color tri-fold handout with QR codes linking to agency websites to provide viewer with additional information.
Who should receive this resource: Parents and primary caregivers of children eligible or potentially eligible for Early Start
Where to distribute this resource:
Early Start service coordinators:
- Directly to families during the Early Start intake process
- In outreach packets to primary referral sources (e.g., pediatricians, family practice physicians, child care providers)
Family resource center community outreach personnel:
- Public settings where families of young children may be reached:
- Community resource and information fairs
- Health care waiting rooms
- Childcare centers
- School communal areas
- Other public service office waiting areas (e.g., Social Security, WIC, Unemployment, DMV)
- Libraries, fitness centers, and other public spaces where families may congregate
- Information packets for local and state decision makers when educating them about issues of and services for families of children with or at risk for developmental delay or disability
Other Early Start partners:
- As attachments to emails to families
- As a page in a PDF newsletter or other publication
- As a downloadable resource on an agency or community website with other links to Early Start information
Before distributing this resource:
If printing and folding manually:
- Print on legal-sized white paper.
- With page 2 (side showing 3 photos) facing up,
- Fold right edge in to meet right edge of bottom-left photo (father and infant playing on the floor). “What Parents are Saying—” will be showing.
- Fold left edge over to cover “What Parents are Saying—” and reveal front of flyer.
- Printed: English and Spanish, in quantities of 50
- Downloadable PDF: English, Spanish, Arabic, Russian, and Vietnamese, in quantities of 1
Download this user guide: User Guide – Family Resouce Center Brochure